May 8, 2007

Finals....ly.......

The semester's over, and that's pretty sweet. I turned in a paper and had my jury on Friday, and now I'm done until August. Now to find a job for the summer......substitute teaching for a few weeks, a couple of music camps, and who knows what else.

Tonight I was reading 2 Peter 1, and I was struck by verses 12 and 13. Peter just listed qualities that believers ought to have: faith, virtue, knowledge, self-control, steadfastness, godliness, brotherly affection, and love (v. 5-7). Then he writes, "Therefore I intend always to remind you of these qualities, though you know them and are established in the truth that you have. I think it right, as long as I am in this body, to stir you up by way of reminder..." At times I feel that I should be beyond hearing about things regarding following Jesus that I already know, and often this is a product of my pride. But shouldn't I welcome encouragement and exhortation from the Lord and my brothers and sisters? This also reminds me that I should take every opportunity to build up another believer, even if I'm telling them something they "already know." Sometimes I shy away from that, too.

I have some thoughts on Philemon, too, but I'll save them for another time--hopefully not so late.......

No comments: