Jan 23, 2007

Quick thought

I've been thankful for the people Lisa and I have come in contact with in the last couple of weeks. We have been praying for deeper and more frequent fellowship with the believers we know around here, and God seems to be beginning to answer those petitions. We are hoping to spend more time with a couple that we know in passing. I met a brother on the bus the other day, and I hope we can get together sometime soon. And I spoke today with a professor who follows Jesus. I remain unsure of just how we should gather with our brothers and sisters, but the more folk we know that love the Lord, the more potential opportunities there are to seek Him together.

I've been in school for just over a semester now, and I already find myself pondering what's next. We are asking the Lord how He wants us to get overseas, and if I need to pursue another degree (doctoral) for that to happen. Lisa and I talked last night about it, that while our future is a bit uncertain, we have the peace of Christ ruling in our hearts. Thank you Lord for freeing me from the worries I could have regarding my "career" and what lies ahead. Please pray with us as we seek His face and His will.

2 comments:

Noah Braymen said...

Ryan...I'll be praying for you guys, brother.

Have you tried to attend a local church?

In Christ
Noah

Ryan said...

We've considered it but haven't felt the Lord leading us to pursue that option. I think we'll probably feel some of these things for a while, since we aren't around believers we've known for five or more years.

Thanks for praying!